On demand shooting stars - Orbit 11.39

Want to take your event’s wow factor up a notch? Astro Live Experiences (ALE) will soon be able to create on-demand shooting star shows as well as on-demand aurora. It’s a new way of utilizing space for incredible art and entertainment. Added bonus, it helps grow the space industry via launches and infrastructure while also getting people talking!

Launch Minute:

• No launches this last week :frowning:

Space News:

• MASCOT Landed and died on Ryugu
  • The Goblin pointing the way to Planet X
  • SLS rumors point to grim future
  • RNA liquid crystals could explain how life started on Earth

2012 Wordpress post:
Beer Bet It Never Flies.

So I guess you know where I stand on SLS…

Just one thing to say.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! on my post getting featured in the show. That was a wonderful surprise.

For your dark matter discussion next week, there’s this odd but interesting concept I came across at some point.

What if the gravitational influence we currently attribute to dark matter is coming from outside of the three dimensions we are able to observe? You can directly compare this to a setup where you have iron filings on top of a flat surface, and a magnet below it. The “universe” the iron filings live in can be thought of as entirely two-dimensional. No depth, just a flat surface. And yet, here comes an object in the third dimension, the magnet, and it completely reshapes the iron filings with its influence. If those iron filings were alive, they would be unable to perceive or comprehend the source of this mysterious force affecting them in any way, shape or form.

Maybe the forces we currently attribute to dark matter or energy are simply of an origin we, as mere three-dimensional beings, are physically incapable of perceiving?