Landing on Mars as we look back to the Moon - Orbit 11.47

Guest Conrad Pires from @picosatsystems joins us live to talk about the next evolution of miniaturized satellites: Pico Sats.

In Space Nerd News this week we talk about Insight landing on Mars, NASA’s announcement of private companies that are helping to get them back to the Moon and potentially Dangerous Bacteria Found in ISS.

Launch Minute:
PSLV
Rockot
Special South Korea sub-orbital launch

Very interesting session with Conrad P. If TMRO is looking for a 2018 “theme”, look no further than the ongoing and emerging innovation of cube- nano- pico-sats. PicoSat in Perth was a good TMRO guest selection, and I wish them the best.

I love the “common sense “ innovation of PicoSat by their use of metal measuring tape for their antenna dipole, the onboard permanent magnetic placed for passive orientation over Australia, and their “down to earth” design.

Just a little bumpy near the start when Conrad was not actively included in the discussion, but all in all this was a good, compelling episode.

Consider following up with PicoSat/Conrad in 6 months to see what’s happening.

Good! Thank you to all TMRO staff.

Way to go, South Korea! I really hope their lovely neighbour to the North doesnt mess up with their plans.

Dave Masten is not the OG but rather is the OS … Original Spacer!

ESP_054663_2650

Uploading: winslow_changes.gif… ESP_027864_2295

Uploading: ESP_030373_1755.gif… Uploading: ESP_040566_0935-3.gif…